Skip to content
Freshwater Consulting’s members have experience in the following areas of aquatic resource management:
- Ecological input into the design and management of artificial wetland systems
- Water quality monitoring and management.
- Production of wetland monitoring and management plans.
- Wetland and river rehabilitation.
- River corridor management, impact control and rehabilitation strategies, and catchment management plans, including managing the implementation of Environmental Management Plans during the process of infrastructural development (e.g. dams, roads).
- Assessments of instream flow requirements for rivers, including workshop design and organisation, specialist input (invertebrate and water quality) and report compilation.
- Biomonitoring of water quality and river health, including the South African Scoring System (SASS) and Habitat Integrity assessment.
- Situation assessment and monitoring of rivers and wetlands in urban and natural environments.
- Impact assessment of urban development on rivers and wetlands.
- Impact assessments of proposed dams and altered flow regimes.
- Assessment of the ecological implications of river engineering strategies.
- General landscape and river/wetland rehabilitation.
- River/wetland mapping and GIS skills.
- Database design and management.